Super Crispy waffles that are nice and fluffy and light on the inside. They are delicious! You can make these waffles with any topping you want, in this recipe we topped them off with strawberries and cream. You can substitute the flour with gluten free flour and you will still have perfectly crispy waffles and are super light on the inside. Don’t have a waffle iron? You can still use this recipe to make the perfect Pancakes, check out the recipe here: Best Pancakes.
- 2 cups of plain flour. (can substitute with gluten free flour)
- 1 tsp salt.
- 4 tsp baking powder.
- 2 tbsp sugar.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 1/2 cups milk.
- 4 tbsp white vinegar.
- 1/3 cup melted butter.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- Begin this recipe by mixing the milk with the vinegar, we use vinegar in this step as it reacts with the baking soda and helps make the waffles nice and crunchy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. Mix and set aside.
- Melt your butter in the microwave, make sure you don’t burn the button. Once the butter melts crack both eggs in and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift all your dry ingredients, once you do this create a well, by pushing the dry ingredients to the side of the bowl.
- Add the melted butter and egg mixture into the milk and vinegar mixture then add in your vanilla essence. Finally give it a quick stir.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk, making sure you don’t over whisk the mixture.
- Turn on your waffle iron, once the waffle iron comes to temperature, ladle in a some of the mixture to cook.
- Leave cooking for around 3 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the waffle iron and top with your favourite toppings.