Chocolate Salami is a Greek summer dessert. It is a frozen dessert with chocolate and biscuits.
The chocolate melts in your mouth and the biscuits are still nice and crunchy. Chocolate salami is super easy to make and easy to store.
It’s called chocolate salami, as once you cut it into slices it resembles salami.
This recipe has three main components, the chocolate, the buttercream and the biscuits.
- 200g dark chocolate.
- 150ml heavy cream.
- 250g unsalted butter.
- 50g cocoa powder.
- 100g icing sugar.
- 10ml cognac.
- 275g digestive biscuits.
- 1 cup walnuts *optional*
- Start the first component of this recipe by melting your dark chocolate with the cream. You can melt it buy placing a bowl over a pot of water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl.
- Make sure to keep stiring the chocolate so it doesn’t burn. Once melted, set to the side to let cool. We want this to be at room temperature when we mix it in with the other ingredients.
- While the chocolate is cooling, begin making your second component, the chocolate buttercream. In a mixer add the room temperature butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder. Mix for 5 minutes until the buttercream is nice and fluffy.
- After making the buttercream, it’s time to combine the biscuits into the mixture. Start roughly breaking the biscuits into the butter cream.
- If you want to add walnuts into your salami, roughly chop them and add them to the chocolate and biscuits mixture.
- Now pour in the melted chocolate and your cognac. Make sure the melted chocolate isn’t too hot as it will melt your butter.
- It’s time to mix, mix with a spatula or with your hands. If you mix with your hands make sure you wear gloves, as it get quite messy.
- Once everything is combined, lay out a piece of baking paper. This is where we will roll the salami. Spread the mixture evenly along the middle of the baking paper and make a log shape.
- Afterwards, wrap with a layer of aluminum foil and put in the freezer.
- Leave in the freezer for a minimum of 4hrs.
- When ready to eat remove from the freezer, take off the foil and cut through the paper.
- Once you have cut the desired about, rewrap and put it back in the freezer.