about this recipe:
Follow this simple recipe for the best baked potatoes. These potatoes do take some time to make but they are well worth it. Perfect as a side for the perfect roast or steak dinner.
These potatoes are super crunchy on the outside and are nice and soft on the inside. Season perfectly with fresh herbs, these potatoes are delightful.
- 6 large potatoes.
- Fresh thyme.
- 4 cloves garlic.
- Salt and pepper.
- 50 g butter.
- Olive oil.
- Peel your potatoes and then cut into cubes.
- After you have finished peeling your potatoes add them to a pot of salted water and boil for 20mins. While we wait for the potatoes to boil, preheat your oven to 200°c.
- After you can easily poke the potatoes with a knife, it’s time to drain them. When you are draining the potatoes, be rough as we want the potatoes to have rough edges. This way when we bake them they will be nice and soft.
- Add baking paper to a baking tray and then put your potatoes on top. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil and add a bit of butter.
- Before you put your potatoes in the oven, use a fork to scrape and slightly mash your potatoes. This will ensure you make the cripsiest baked potatoes.
- Cook for around 30mins until golden brown and then take them out of the oven. Now we will add our herbs.
- Add fresh thyme, some crushed garlic with the peel still on, drizzle a bit more olive oil and add a bit more butter. Finally cook for another 15mins.
Enjoy the perfect baked potatoes.