About this recipe:
Want to make something different in the kitchen? This recipe is so good, all your family/guests will love it. This is a super simple recipe to follow and even new cooks will be able to follow it. No special techniques needed, just simple, delicious, Greek style home cooking. This Greek roast pork with potatoes, is the recipe for you!
This pork roast is full of flavour, it is coated in a beautiful marinade which includes; lemon, garlic, mustard and fresh herbs. Serve with a slice of sourdough to soak up all the sauce and a fresh green Greek salad. This is the perfect meal for a Sunday family dinner.
As always, it’s important to note, the longer you keep your pork resting in the marinade, the more intense the flavours will be. In this recipe I use regular potatoes. You can also use baby potatoes with the skin still on. I find baby potatoes are delicious when they are baked.
Not a fan of pork? Try out our Greek Roast Chicken with Potatoes, it is to die for: Greek Roast Chicken with Potatoes.
- 4 - 5 pork chops
- 4 large potatoes
- 3 springs of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt & pepper
- 200 ml warm water
- 100 g Olive oil
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 lemons, zest
- 2 large garlic cloves
- In a food processor, add all the marinade ingredients together and blitz until all ingredients have broken down.
- Wash your pork chops and the score the fat with a knife. Make sure not to cut yourself.
- Wash and peel your potatoes. Cut into cubes.
- Add both potatoes and pork chops into a large baking tray, then pour the marinade over. With your hands, mix everything together (making sure the marinade has coated everything).
- Season with salt & pepper and herbs. If you have enough time, let the pork sit in the marinade for at least 3 hours or overnight. If not, add the water to the tray and cover with aluminium foil.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 190°c for 50 mins. After 50 minutes, remove the foil and cook for another 30 minutes or until its nice and golden.
- Place pork chops in the corners of the tray, making sure the fat is touching the edges. This will help the fat cook.
- If you have time, slightly brown your potatoes in a pan with olive oil before adding it to the baking tray.