This is my take on the Skillet and Potatoes recipe that did the round on Pintrest and Reddit a while ago.
This is a super simple recipe, all ingredients can be made with one skillet. This is the perfect recipe to follow if you want to make a fancy dinner in less than 20 minutes.
For this recipe I marinated my meat overnight, if you don’t have time to marinate it the previous day – simply marinate it while you pre-boil your potatoes. The longer you leave your meat to marinate, the more flavourful your steak will be.
Make sure you pre-boil your potatoes. By pre-boiling, we will assure that our potatoes are soft on the inside and will get nice and crunchy on the outside. I can’t stress this step enough, if you don’t pre-boil your potatoes they will still be hard. Another important hint to note, make sure you don’t over cook your meat. Cook steak on one side for roughly 1 minute then flip. If you like your steak more well done, you can cook it for longer.
This dish was an absolute hit in my household and was delicious. It’s jammed packed with flavour and will leave you wanting more.
Steak and Potatoes with Thyme Rosemary and Garlic Butter
- 600 grms rump steak
- 6 baby potatoes quartered
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 100 grms butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Chill flakes
- 1 tbsp parmesan grated
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch chill flakes
- Start by marinating your steak. In a bowl, add all the marinade ingredients together. Cut the steak into pieces and add to the bowl. Set aside for now.
- While the meat is marinating, begin preparing your potatoes. We do this by washing and cutting them into quarters. Put potatoes in a pot of boiling water and boil until you can pierce them easily with a fork. This will take roughly 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes boil, begin cooking the meat. Season the pan with half the butter, oil, garlic and fresh herbs. Once the pan is hot, add the steak and cook on each side for roughly 1 minute. Once cooked, set aside. Leave the juices in the pan as we will cook the potatoes in this.
- By now, the potatoes should be nice and soft. Strain the potatoes then add them to the pan. Add the remaining butter to the pan and fry the potatoes until they become golden brown.
- Place steak back into the pan and add the leftover marinade. Season with cracked pepper and salt. Garnish with chill flakes, herbs and some fresh parmesan cheese.